AA vs BMW roadside assitance for Europe trip

Soldato
AA insurance for just my trip is quoted at £250 or I could get annual cover from BMW Roadside Assistance for £158 (inc. Europe). They seem similar in cover. Not sure which to get, although I get the feeling the AA will provide quicker support in more isolated areas. Any experience/advice?

The car is a reasonably well maintained 525d from 2002. 213k miles on the clock, I've had the car for 8 years with no breakdowns.

Planning to visit North Cape in Norway. I have two and half weeks booked off for the holiday in the next few weeks, planning to drive there and back and do around 6k miles, alternating camping and B&Bs. Depending on time will either be passing through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway and back the same way or make a loop around the Baltic sea and include Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.

I’m prepared to have to scrap the car and get a plane back if something goes really wrong, obviously would prefer it doesn’t come to that but always planned to run the car until it dies.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
That sounds like an epic road trip!

If anyone does go bang, is it likely to be major? Perhaps AA is better as you can get a tow to a local garage. BMW I guess will only go to main dealers, which may be few and far between in rural northern/eastern europe.

Top Bottom