• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 7900XT, 90% to 130% faster than 6900XT, MCM, Q4 2022.

Caporegime
OP

• 80 PLUS Titanium efficiency (up to 95.8%)
  • Patented frameless Silent Wings fan for virtually inaudible operation
  • Revolutionary full-mesh PSU front with redesigned funnel shape air inlet upholds the high air circulation abilities
  • Overclocking key switches between four 12V rails and one massive 12V rail
  • Modular cable management for maximum convenience
  • Active Rectifier + full bridge LLC technology provides unmatched signal stability and extremely high power efficiency
  • Eight PCI express connectors for overclocked high-end GPUs
  • Ten-year manufacturer’s warranty

Touche' :)

Soldato
Running a 3080, monitor on sleep is disabled as you get a black screen more often than not, happened on the 3070 before that and the 2070 before that so it's still there, also each new driver is a miss more than a hit and disables HDR on the TV.

Pure greeting about drivers, I'm never ever buying Nv again because of duff drivers... until I buy the next one.:cry:
:p

There are a lot of people on this forum who actually know what they are talking about, enough that there is always someone around to give good advice, i just wish people would ask.

Quite so, although a tiny minority would have you believe you are 'wrong' and like to jump on anything which is strange as overall its a discussion board. ;)

Soldato
Recent amd issue: ftpm stuttering in games, affects quite a few people and took amd many months to fix it during which time peoples PC or Laptop were just about unable to play games

Very true, I forgot to mention the stuttering issue that affected AMD.

Soldato
That was down to running an AMD CPU, not the GPU as far as I read (never had the issue myself). Just wondering if we should start a new thread for discussing new AMD GPUs and rename this one "A place to moan about current and past AMD issues"?

All threads end up this way anyway. Especially when there really isn't much news to discuss yet. :)

Caporegime
Someone mentioned it on a thread a while back but cant remember who it was. They inferred they knew who they thought it was.

Seems like someone with an axe to grind with some responses I've noticed.

Def seems like a back-up acc for an old troll for sure. To say the Dons do the minimum would be an insult to the word.

It does have the hallmarks of someone who's had plenty of gpu forum battles for sure.

TNA

TNA

Soldato
We don’t see Gregster about anymore these days. I wonder if he is just a lurker now or is he among us with an alt account or something :cry:

My fun theory is he always had top tier GPU’s, so when he did not upgrade his GPU from the 2080Ti he did not have the epeen to hang around. He might be back if he upgrades when the next gen is out :cry::D

Permabanned
We don’t see Gregster about anymore these days. I wonder if he is just a lurker now or is he among us with an alt account or something :cry:

My fun theory is he always had top tier GPU’s, so when he did not upgrade his GPU from the 2080Ti he did not have the epeen to hang around. He might be back if he upgrades when the next gen is out :cry::D

I'm sure I heard his wife scream 'HOW MUCH?' and then a yelp of pain :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I haven't noticed 8K4K around for a while. He used to have some strong opinions.
Yeah he had every answer under the sun. Unfortunately they all revolved around amd\nvidia\intel being able to design and fart out a new cpu\gpu with a lead time of about 10 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Some interesting theories, I'd forgotten most of them as I've got quite an extensive blocked list now ;) I like a good discussion but I haven't got any patience with zealotry, you can never reason with them even when the evidence is black and white.

Everyone has their preferences, I prefer AMD, but I won't defend them when they make terrible products. I won't buy them either!

Soldato
Latest Rumor:
RDNA31 (MCM) has between 15360 ->12288 Stream Processors
Size Die Package: greater then 800 mm²

Here is what I find funny and perplexing

RTX4000 is rumoured to be 600mm2 and 600w TDP

RDNA3 is rumoured to be 800m2 and 500w TDP

How does the significantly smaller GPU use more power? Nvidia must be pushing those clock speeds way over board, I foresee massive amounts of undervolting will be possible

That being said, since the leakers now say AMD has cut all RDNA3 GPU core counts by 20% they may no longer have a 500w TDP GPU and it may not be 800m2 anymore

Top Bottom