Any one ever just sold a car to a Main dealer (not px etc)

Soldato
Just came in to say, I recently sold ( with her permission :D ) my Mrs' car on motorway.

Tried all the usuals and was quoted £30-£31k. Motorway quoted £32.5k

Went with them and the day of the auction ended and got a very pleasant surprise - £34.8k highest offer

Merc main dealer .....

2 days later for sale in their website at £38.8k
Oh snap I didn't realise they offer over too!

Soldato
Sometimes the offers come in under too, but you can choose to decline the offer if that happens :)

Soldato
Another vote for Motorway here - sold my Zoe through them when it became apparent I would be WFH for the foreseeable future. Highest offer came in right around their estimate (WBAC offered me half!)

No issues with finance - they asked for a settlement figure in advance, paid directly to the finance company after inspecting the car and transferred the remainder directly to my account.

Soldato
Sometimes the offers come in under too, but you can choose to decline the offer if that happens :)

Yes, no obligation, even after their "auction" regardless of the price(s) offered

Was waiting for the "but" or tyre kicking all the way through but never happened, was an exceptionally slick and professional experience from start to finish

Another vote for Motorway here - sold my Zoe through them when it became apparent I would be WFH for the foreseeable future. Highest offer came in right around their estimate (WBAC offered me half!)

No issues with finance - they asked for a settlement figure in advance, paid directly to the finance company after inspecting the car and transferred the remainder directly to my account.

Yeah, same they dealt with settling the Merc finance, very easy

Soldato
I sold my old IS250 to my local used car dealer for cash back in 2020. They gave me a better price than WBAC and the cash was in my account within minutes. Very easy.

Motorway can be good - a lot of friends have done well with them. Unfortunately, no one wanted my wife's Audi Q3 earlier this year! We ended up part exchanging it for an i3 at our local (Solihull) BMW dealer, again for more than WBAC.

Soldato
Sounds like everyone has had a good experience in some way or another.

There's been a change of plan regarding potential move.. due to a recent change at work, I cant really apply for a while.

May still do this though. I love the car.. but do I £280p/m love the car?

If I managed to get around £27k, it would leave me with £5k to buy an old used car but then that itself may come with some issues reliability wise etc.

All worth considering

So if I try motorway, you upload images etc then dealers send offers. Can you choose to just decline them and end the auction with no issue? Kind of interested to just guage interest

Soldato
Sounds like everyone has had a good experience in some way or another.

There's been a change of plan regarding potential move.. due to a recent change at work, I cant really apply for a while.

May still do this though. I love the car.. but do I £280p/m love the car?

If I managed to get around £27k, it would leave me with £5k to buy an old used car but then that itself may come with some issues reliability wise etc.

All worth considering

So if I try motorway, you upload images etc then dealers send offers. Can you choose to just decline them and end the auction with no issue? Kind of interested to just guage interest
You enter it into the auction then it happens, and they will tell you how much the winning bid was.

Then you accept or decline :) If you decline you can walk away with no issues.

Man of Honour
It does happen, especially last year due to the shortage of used cars hitting the market. It's kind of less needed now due to WBAC/Cazoo etc.

Top Bottom