Any split air conditioning experts here, or someone with a bit of knowledge?

Associate
Hi All

We've recently had a loft conversion done and had an air con unit installed, all the pipes are buried into the wall and the drain pipe just goes into the guttering. so its difficult to see what going on . But the drip tray is filling up and after about an hour starts dripping from the outlet vent of the wall unit. The weird thing is nothing is coming out of the water outlet hose. but then if I turn it all off about 30mins later its like someone has turned on a tap and water is running out of the outlet hose.

any ideas what it could be. its obviously not blocked. I noticed the hose does run slightly uphill right near the wall for about 4inches and then its a down hill run. but I don't understand why when its off it suddenly runs away and drains itself. could it be some kind of syphoning effect?
Had the engineer back and he wasn't sure either, but is probably going to have to cut out some of the wall to move down the pipe. But its weird all the same how it just flushes itself .

thanks

RJC

RJC

Don
With the fan running it may creating a pressure difference, hence why it drains when switched off.
The condensate will need to be re-done.

Soldato
Surely if its recently fitted, this should be a question back to the installer?

Associate
Hi All

We've recently had a loft conversion done and had an air con unit installed, all the pipes are buried into the wall and the drain pipe just goes into the guttering. so its difficult to see what going on . But the drip tray is filling up and after about an hour starts dripping from the outlet vent of the wall unit. The weird thing is nothing is coming out of the water outlet hose. but then if I turn it all off about 30mins later its like someone has turned on a tap and water is running out of the outlet hose.

any ideas what it could be. its obviously not blocked. I noticed the hose does run slightly uphill right near the wall for about 4inches and then its a down hill run. but I don't understand why when its off it suddenly runs away and drains itself. could it be some kind of syphoning effect?
Had the engineer back and he wasn't sure either, but is probably going to have to cut out some of the wall to move down the pipe. But its weird all the same how it just flushes itself .

thanks
It sounds like the drain hose isn’t running with gravity, so I would suggest that the installer and company will need to come back and be liable for any damage caused sorting it out.

Top Bottom