Attaching a Fanatec P1 wheel to a Csl DD wheelbase

Associate
I just sent this question to Fanatec 10 minutes ago. See below. It may be a few days before Fanatec respond. I'll update this thread with Fanatecs reply. However, in the meantime, It'd be nice to know if anyone else has any experience of this.

To Fanatec support:
"Hi,
Can I safely attach my Fanatec P1 wheel (Not under warranty. I bought this from a friend) to my new CSL DD PRO wheel base (Brand new just received it from Fanatec yesterday. So is under warranty).

I have googled this and find conflicting answers. Some say yes. Some say no. Some say damage may occur to the P1 wheel. Others say if damage occurs Fanatec will make good - despite the P1 being not in warranty.
I'm not going to even attempt it until I'm sure there will be a good outcome.
It would be helpful to have a definitive answer from Fanatec.

Thank you for your help.
Kind regards"

Soldato
I don't think the screw hole lines up with the CSL DD wheel base. I take it it has the old type QR? Personally looking on the Fanatec forum I'd not bother unless you can get a different QR.

Associate
Burtie,
I got an answer from Fanatec. They say the P1 wheel will fit the DD base. They even sent me a pdf on how to do this. They also acknowledged a firm push might be required. And if any damage occurs they will make good.

I've not tried fitting the p1 wheel to my DD base though. I find I've got used to the GT pro wheel that came with the base.
Don't know about QR. I thought QR was an optional extra?

Soldato
Burtie,
I got an answer from Fanatec. They say the P1 wheel will fit the DD base. They even sent me a pdf on how to do this. They also acknowledged a firm push might be required. And if any damage occurs they will make good.

I've not tried fitting the p1 wheel to my DD base though. I find I've got used to the GT pro wheel that came with the base.
Don't know about QR. I thought QR was an optional extra?

Yeah you get the twist style QR with all new wheels now I believe which you should have on the GT pro. The P1 should have the old style QR which came with a bolt? I can't remember it was a while ago since I've had anything Fanatec.

Well if they say it'll work then give it a go.

Associate
You're quite right. The P1 was secured with a bolt and the GTpro a twist on. According to Fanatec they do fit though. I'm not going to try it just in case I damage anything.

Soldato
I don't think the screw hole lines up with the CSL DD wheel base. I take it it has the old type QR? Personally looking on the Fanatec forum I'd not bother unless you can get a different QR.
It does, using one.

You're quite right. The P1 was secured with a bolt and the GTpro a twist on. According to Fanatec they do fit though. I'm not going to try it just in case I damage anything.

I am using a P1 (Xbox version) and it goes on fine. The hex cap screw fits without issue. I am using a GT DD but it's the same as the CSL DD.

Associate
I case anyone is interested or drops on this while searching for an answer via google.
The P1 wheel definitely fits on the DD Pro base. Easily and properly, without having to use any undue force. Fits like a glove.
Since asking the question, I've now tried two separate P1 wheels on my DD Pro base.

Top Bottom