Beer from Europe over the internet

Permabanned
Heard we can now buy b33r over the internet from european countries and not pay TAX :D

Anybody got any good sites, wouldnt mind some whiskey and stonking european lager.

Caporegime
Its not happened yet - its an expected European ruling.

BTW - tax on alcohol nets Gordon Brown something like £14bn. Lets say with this ruling it goes down to £9bn, then the government are just going to raise taxes elsewhere to make up for a £5bn shortfall.

Associate
Yep i would say if this gets passed they will just raise taxes on other things like Petrol to get the money back.

Soldato
Immulsifier said:
Yep i would say if this gets passed they will just raise taxes on other things like Petrol to get the money back.
Just have to get public transport everywhere instead I guess. Means I can get drunk on the bus on the way to work \o/.

Don
This will also apply to fags, so the government will lose a fortune, so expect tax increases/new taxs to make up the substantial shortfall.

Jokester

Soldato
Jokester said:
This will also apply to fags, so the government will lose a fortune, so expect tax increases/new taxs to make up the substantial shortfall.

Jokester

I heard an expert on the radio say that if it comes into power then petrol/diesel could well be next.

Don
Not so easy to get petrol by mail order though :p , not sure how that would apply if someone say took a tanker over and filled it up and then resold it when they got back?

Jokester

Man of Honour
final decision is expected on the 23rd so two weeks till we find out, although the judge has said it's WRONG already to pay extra tax. So it's very likley to come into affect.

I can't see petrol being available. There laws on transportation as well as storage at home.

Permabanned
I think it great, about time we should be paying less tax, maybe they should stop benefits to chavs and make them work, win win for us.

Soldato
As has been said, if there is a tax shortfall caused by this, and lets face it there is a high chance there will be, as you only have to look at how many people go to the effort of booze cruises to get duty free booze, just imagine how many people will do it when it's as easy as ordering it online!, the government will have to make up the money somewhere, and in times like those, they tend to increase tax on things which people can't stop using very easily....so I'd expect it to go on petrol etc!!! :o(

Valve

Caporegime
AcidHell2 said:
final decision is expected on the 23rd so two weeks till we find out, although the judge has said it's WRONG already to pay extra tax. So it's very likley to come into affect.

I wouldn't hold my breath - British law does actually supersede EU law when the government want it to.

cheets64 said:
I think it great, about time we should be paying less tax, maybe they should stop benefits to chavs and make them work, win win for us.

The current government like tax, and don't like cutting spending. I'll let you decide whats the most likely ;)

Permabanned
Its lose lose guys.

They need that money, it keeps them afloat month by month. It would just have to be generated elsewhere, even if which I doubt, this will become law.

Associate
I'd be peed off if this did come into law.

Primarily, if you smoke, you should pay the tax on that. I don't want to be paying extra tax out of my salary to make up the deficit caused by people evading tax on cigarettes by buying from europe. :mad:

Man of Honour
nealw said:

caused by people evading tax on cigarettes by buying from europe. :mad:

But that's one of the biggest parts of europe FREE trade..

Man of Honour
Biohazard said:

Didn't say it was a good thing. But if we want to be part of Europe (which I don't) then you have to follow European law and directives to a certain degree.

Soldato
nealw said:

Primarily, if you smoke, you should pay the tax on that. I don't want to be paying extra tax out of my salary to make up the deficit caused by people evading tax on cigarettes by buying from europe. :mad:

I dont want lazy ass jobless being paid for by my tax money either...so your point is?

Top Bottom