BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Meh. When i fill up my 3l 6 cylinder petrol bmw x5 45e it says 648 miles on a full tank. Will never happen.
True, mine usually says 600 odd so the behaviour (and smaller wheels for the meantime) has had an effect. I reckon it'll be more like 650 miles when the tank is empty.
Genuine question, but why did you get a 640d if you’re concerned with the cost of fuel?
I wasn't at the time when diesel cost £1.20 a litre, not the £1.76 it does now. There's no need for Sports mode when driving to work in tourist and caravan laden traffic at <60mph, no point at all. In the few opportunities to overtake then I have the ability to use the power available.

Caporegime
Whatever my M3 says after I fill the tank is a complete lie. I think I'm getting 200-250 miles out of a tank now. :D

Soldato
I wasn't at the time when diesel cost £1.20 a litre, not the £1.76 it does now. There's no need for Sports mode when driving to work in tourist and caravan laden traffic at <60mph, no point at all. In the few opportunities to overtake then I have the ability to use the power available.
Fair point, and I guess I hadn’t considered how much you drive :)

Soldato
You'd have liked my E92 335i N55 DCT (2010) that I sold in January :p
Probably! I am keen to try the DCT and have agreed an offer on another car that has it, subject to final checks.

That being considered, the dealer of the manual car contacted me again today to see if I was still interested. His position might have softened a bit and there may now be room for a bit of negotiation.

I've found it really hard to find a car with the perfect specification. Heated seats appear to be a rare option, as is the upgraded HK sound option. There's only one car available with both at present and it has a spec that can only be described as 'old man at the golf club'.

Man of Honour
Meh. When i fill up my 3l 6 cylinder petrol bmw x5 45e it says 648 miles on a full tank. Will never happen.

Could easily happen given the electric range if you charge it each night. Probably more likely than his 700 mile range.

Soldato
I've found it really hard to find a car with the perfect specification. Heated seats appear to be a rare option, as is the upgraded HK sound option. There's only one car available with both at present and it has a spec that can only be described as 'old man at the golf club'.
You'd have really liked mine then :cry: HK, Heated Seats, Adaptive Headlights, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Split fold rear seat (not sure if standard) and MMI/CarPlay retrofit.

Still think they're great looking cars despite the age and the interior, to me, was starting to feel reminiscent of how the E46 felt when the E90's came out now that the F and G are more current, which I quite liked.

Associate

Got into the car this afternoon and not sure how this happened - that plastic trim below the window switches is broken and missing. Car recently (on Weds) was at the dealership to get a fault code looked at and have the break fluid serviced. I wonder during the wash and vacuum it may have broken off?

Anyone know what the missing bit of trim is called because I can't seem to find it on the interwebs - have emailed the dealership too but not too confident that they will do anything

Associate

Got into the car this afternoon and not sure how this happened - that plastic trim below the window switches is broken and missing. Car recently (on Weds) was at the dealership to get a fault code looked at and have the break fluid serviced. I wonder during the wash and vacuum it may have broken off?

Anyone know what the missing bit of trim is called because I can't seem to find it on the interwebs - have emailed the dealership too but not too confident that they will do anything

6 series? going to cost about £40... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154913640529

or you can try BMW for the cover piece part 3... https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=LX71-EUR---F13-BMW-640d&diagId=51_8179

Soldato
So I am now the proud owner of a 2017 M240i in red. £23k.

Dealer photo for now, until I get it valeted. I will get it detailed and ceramic coated in a few months.

Sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, HK speakers, M performance styling, 48k miles, 2 previous owners.

What's the best F22 UK forum to join?

Soldato
Soldato

Dealer photo for now, until I get it valeted. I will get it detailed and ceramic coated in a few months.

Sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, HK speakers, M performance styling, 48k miles, 2 previous owners.

Great - different colour as well

Soldato

Baby BMW is generally considered the biggest one I think

Soldato
Soldato
One thing that surpises me is how most are such low mileage. ~20k miles in 3 to 4 years.

These should I'm guessing drop to below £50k (listed) next year. I wonder how much longer BMW will bother with a V8.
Talking directly pre-covid to after covid, so probably a lot of 0 mileage can be attributed to that. Plus, not sure whether an 850i is a motorway cruiser or not

Man of Honour
I was interested in an 840d until I got a quote for the BMW warranty - £2600 a year for comprehensive cover. No thanks :(

Top Bottom