Camelot Unchained - Kickstarter (for the DAoC fans)

Soldato
Having read through the server settings i'm not so keen, it's this bit: "Target /played to lvl 50 = 30 hours", which is putting me off. I did love the end game but i liked the levelling and having to group just as much.

Soldato
There's a few of us old DAOC players on OCUK :) I'm waiting on Kainz turning up :)

Anyone got old vids/screenshots to share? I'll try and find mine ! I played beta on US servers (Guinevere) then Excal/Prydwen on EU when GOA were busy making a mess of it. I did PVP but mostly scouting and informing other groups of movements, I loved the PVE though.
Hello! :p
I do have screens somewhere of our days playing. I can't check till the weekend though! I'd love to look into this but I fear I just can't put in the time like I used to really.
I still remember leading half of Euro Hibernia on the first dragon expedition. Half of us made it to the dragon and got wiped out in no time lol

Agree, best 3D mmo I'd ever played.

Soldato
I played on Prydwen too, Kobold Hunter called Thing.

Was a great game, played a Lurikeen rangers called Zoe too for a bit but I can't remember what server it was on!

Gog

Gog

Associate
Mid Excalibur myself. Will have some screenshots from the backup of the old guild website somewhere. Will dig them out at the weekend.

Soldato
Are many people going to play the Atlas shard? I've been thinking about trying a sorcerer.

I will give it try but wont have as much time as back in the day.
Not sure on what realm yet.

There are over 5000 members in the Atlas discord so it looks like it will be popular.

A guy on discord who is close with the dev team made a lot of resources for people returing -

Associate
DAOC: I used to play on Pryd/Albion and was a member of the Servants of the Lake guild. I definitely remember a few names in here I think. I used to play under the name Belial (2 handed arms) with my wife Faith (over powered Friar douchebag, it always ****** me off how OP they were). If anyone remembers? Anyways, good times.

I also dropped about 120 quid on the Kickstarter for Camelot Unchained in a tepid attempt to regain the glory years and completely forgot I had. Looks like its been in dev hell. /sigh

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a Friar called Haedric which was my main, i can't remember what server he was on. Never got any alts to a decent level.

Soldato
Just tried again to see and it's awful, just over 1k on and lag is unbearable, pets just stand in front of mobs when told to attack.

Soldato
Seems ok this morning but somehow there are already level 50 players and people with 1000 in crafting. Bit annoying really.

EDIT
Got to level 4, all mobs disappeared on the server. Less than 800 on and its still performing like this. Think i'm done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom