COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Boris was fined. Even once is good enough for me. And the fact that his party followed suit is just not good enough. you don't need HR to set a standard, you set a standard by enacting the behaviours that you want others to follow. I don't give a toss about Starmer either, but the fact that Boris and his cronies are taking us for fools and show complete disregard for the rules they imposed on us, to me just shows how pathetic and down right disgusting the government is.

He was ambushed with a cake for 10 mins - get some perspective - all the rest is nothing to do with him.

What a waste of £0.5m...

Man of Honour
Sadly people will continue to be taken in by them and vote for them next time around.
Unfortunately people will "forgive" him... but if your leader (whether at work or anything else) doesn't live by the values they are trying to push, then it undermines everything they're saying, and it sets the standard - why would anyone follow his rules now or believe any of the promises or policies.

Man of Honour
He was ambushed with a cake for 10 mins - get some perspective - all the rest is nothing to do with him.

What a waste of £0.5m...

It is all to do with him. As a leader you take the accountability and responsibility for your team's actions - he brushed it off and didn't push that behaviour to his people. He's entirely to blame. Hopefully it'll bite him in the arse and we can get rid of him. Shame covid didn't finish him off but I guess he'd be a martyr then and they'd put up a statue of him.

Soldato
It is all to do with him. As a leader you take the accountability and responsibility for your team's actions - he brushed it off and didn't push that behaviour to his people. He's entirely to blame. Hopefully it'll bite him in the arse and we can get rid of him. Shame covid didn't finish him off but I guess he'd be a martyr then and they'd put up a statue of him.
Based on that response you're clearly not capable of rational thought on the subject - wishing someone died because they had cake on their birthday is low.

Commissario

What a waste of £0.5m...
What, did the cake keep jumping out at him repeatedly for 10 minutes until he managed to narrowly escape on a motorbike?

My god, he's even worse than I ever expected, he got ambushed by something from the...Bakery *insert horror trailer music here*

He's the Prime Minister, what his own law required him to do was to basically say "thanks for the thought guys, but we can't do this".

He presided over dozens of breaches of the rules he set, over months, they've only managed to get him on the one time that he thought he could get away with admitting.
He broke his own law, and his excuse for not knowing that everyone else in the office was partying every week in the same building he lived and worked in, is basically that he is so utterly useless and clueless as a leader that he couldn't have know. That's really not the sort of thing you want in the middle manager in a small shop, let alone someone who is supposed to be able to lead a whole country.

It's like something from Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister or The Thick of it, except that the writers would have been told to redo it as it's completely unbelievable as a story line.

Man of Honour
Based on that response you're clearly not capable of rational thought on the subject - wishing someone died because they had cake on their birthday is low.
Based on yours you are clearly too much of a sycophant to see the other side of the argument. We'll just have to disagree on this.

Soldato
What, did the cake keep jumping out at him repeatedly for 10 minutes until he managed to narrowly escape on a motorbike?

My god, he's even worse than I ever expected, he got ambushed by something from the...Bakery *insert horror trailer music here*

He's the Prime Minister, what his own law required him to do was to basically say "thanks for the thought guys, but we can't do this".

He presided over dozens of breaches of the rules he set, over months, they've only managed to get him on the one time that he thought he could get away with admitting.
He broke his own law, and his excuse for not knowing that everyone else in the office was partying every week in the same building he lived and worked in, is basically that he is so utterly useless and clueless as a leader that he couldn't have know. That's really not the sort of thing you want in the middle manager in a small shop, let alone someone who is supposed to be able to lead a whole country.

It's like something from Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister or The Thick of it, except that the writers would have been told to redo it as it's completely unbelievable as a story line.

The fact they couldn't find any evidence on one of the most surveilled and photographed people in the country suggest there was no evidence to find..

He is also not the others line manager nor is he HR...

The level of karma on the left is just perfect...

Soldato
The fact they couldn't find any evidence on one of the most surveilled and photographed people in the country suggest there was no evidence to find..

He certainly is not in charge of Whitehall where a significant number of people were fined. Not all are card carrying conservatives no doubt. Mostly civil servants I expect and a few obvious serial offenders with 2 to 5 fines.

Commissario

Or, the video wasn't kept...

Most places, even secure ones don't routinely save all the CCTV footage forever and there are very good arguments about not saving it for too long if it's in potentially sensitive areas such as say the offices of the Prime Minister, especially when you've already had a "leak" that showed one of the top ministers breaking the rules and you don't want to risk another one.

Not to mention this was happening inside the building, with the exception of the "working garden party" they seem to have gotten away with, so the only cameras would have been on people's phones or cctv, and it's quite likely people generally didn't keep any from their phones after the leak of the press secretary playing "lets pretend we didn't have a party" as part of a rehearsal for a conference.

What "karma on the left", Starmar looks like he was completely within the rules (the campaigning clause) at the time of his meal*, and has already said if he gets a fine he'll resign which is showing far more integrity than anyone in Downing Street.

*Which was certainly a "substantial meal" under the earlier rules that the government set with regards to having a drink in company (much more substantial than the "skotch egg" one minister suggested, and definitely more so than some cheese and biscuits).

Last edited:
Soldato
Or, the video wasn't kept...

Most places, even secure ones don't routinely save all the CCTV footage forever and there are very good arguments about not saving it for too long if it's in potentially sensitive areas such as say the offices of the Prime Minister, especially when you've already had a "leak" that showed one of the top ministers breaking the rules and you don't want to risk another one.

What "karma on the left", Starmar looks like he was completely within the rules (the campaigning clause) at the time of his meal, and has already said if he gets a fine he'll resign which is showing far more integrity than anyone in Downing Street.
Come off it - that's just lol - do you think MI5 was engaged of something.. not to mention that the knives were really out for Boris and Whitehall is one leaky ship at the best of times.

Starmer clearly wasn't 'completely' within the rules as otherwise Durham police wouldn't be investigating in light of 'new evidence' - suggesting that a beer fuelled curry-fest is a legitimate campaigning activity is just as lol as suggesting singing happy birthday for a few minutes equals a party.

As for resigning Starmer has no choice after the hysterical high horse act - the fact that it took him 3 days to decide and that he left a weasel get out clause re the fine shows the integrity he has.

Soldato
Ive never seen anyone comment on so many posts by the someone they supposedly have on ignore lol... creepy stalker...

Man of Honour
Folks it’s Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Ignore like I do.

You may as well watch GB News if you know what I mean, waste of time, parody account etc.

I'm never sure with people like that if they seriously believe what they are posting or find it amusing to post such rubbish for the wind up.

Man of Honour
Well now you have said that you can post some evidence to debunk anything I have said above...

Frankly I don't take a position on the whole partygate thing whether Boris or Starmer - too much disinformation, snapshots of moments in time without full context, people with an agenda or bias and so on. Ultimately though the government should have been setting an example at a testing time for everyone.

Soldato
Frankly I don't take a position on the whole partygate thing whether Boris or Starmer - too much disinformation, snapshots of moments in time without full context, people with an agenda or bias and so on. Ultimately though the government should have been setting an example at a testing time for everyone.

So in other words you cant debunk anything that I have said - all of which, lets face it, has been subject to numerous investigations and reporting...

Top Bottom