FTTC cancelled, FFTC no longer avail, £6K FTTP install

Soldato
Except weirdly, I’ve had a response from OFCOM this morning noting my complaint. Maybe because it’s about how Sky are saying ‘don‘t contact OFCOM’?

OFCOM's definition of a complaint was any expression of dissatisfaction from a customer or member of the public. They essentially just logged and closed on you by sending an email. They have no mechanism to actually deal with your complaint and as such anyone from Sky or whoever else that told you not to contact OFCOM was right - the correct and agreed process is to deal with the supplier till you hit deadlock. Anything else is a waste of everyones time unless you like getting acknowledgement emails?

Associate
OP
Sorry been away for a bit.

So there has been progress, through complaints and some contacts at OR they granted an expedited FTTC activation, and I am now back online. So that is the good news. They are also looking at getting FTTP done but I feel this will end the same way as the rest with the ECCs being too high.

The bad news is that at some point, I am going to have to come off FTTC (and want to ofc) and I will still need to pay ECCs for FTTP. ISPreviews is looking into this, as the story is more about the stop sell and the ECCs. I also have some contacts at BT/OR who are also looking into what the options are.

Associate
OP
That is indeed the story and well told.

FTTC is back on, at quite an expedited pace considering. However, if I didn't contact ISPReview or my own contacts I think I would to this day still be getting a computer says no answer. I think Zen would have tried their best to get this solved on their own but they were told multiple times that there was no way to order.

On the FTTP front, I am letting Zen go through the motions knowing where it will end but for FTTP I now have a 3rd quote of £4K, so once that either gets approved by Zen (unlikely) or not (likely) then I will be going back to BT as they cover a larger amount due to subsidies.

Reactions: KIA
Top Bottom