Game controller

Soldato
Is the Xbox controller still the go-to one in terms of functionality and game compatibility in the £50 region?

V F

V F

Soldato
While the Xbox Elite Controller 2 is way beyond £50, I really love it. More so the fact there are 3 modes for the trigger adjustments and there is rumble in the triggers which is great for bike games for feeling the front tyre starting to lose traction. It's the best controller I've ever had.

Soldato
While the Xbox Elite Controller 2 is way beyond £50, I really love it. More so the fact there are 3 modes for the trigger adjustments and there is rumble in the triggers which is great for bike games for feeling the front tyre starting to lose traction. It's the best controller I've ever had.

I did buy a first generation Elite Controller, but it broke apart very quickly, got a replacement and that one broke too but was out of warranty by then. Not gonna spend that much on a Microsoft controller again.

Soldato
How and what was it that broke?

First time the rubber grips came off everywhere (very well known issue), got a replacement. Then LT button stopped registering half the times.

Associate
I would also Say Xbox is likely still the way to go.
Used an Xbox 360 controller but it was finally time to replace it.

Opted for a PS5 controller, as I plan on grabbing a PS5 when I can find one.
No support for them on Epic Games (I mainly play rocket league on there) while being wireless, Needs to be directly connected.

Xbox controller worked on everything without fault.
In saying the Steam loves the PS controller.

Soldato
Never tried the Xbox controller, but love the Dualsense, by far the nicest controller I've ever used. Pretty sure you can use it in Epic games just by adding them to Steam as a non-Steam game

Top Bottom