Gommora is the greatest TV show you've never heard of

Associate
Was looking for a new box set and Gommora comes strongly recommended.

I thought it was a Sky exclusive, only learned that it's on Amazon UK, although via Arrow TV (another subscription service for a fiver a month).

Never heard of Arrow TV but it looks like it focuses on euro thrillers akin to Saturday night BBC4. The Killing, The Bridge etc. I do like these euro thrillers so I'll give it a whirl as there is a 30 day free trial.

Underboss
Was looking for a new box set and Gommora comes strongly recommended.

I thought it was a Sky exclusive, only learned that it's on Amazon UK, although via Arrow TV (another subscription service for a fiver a month).

Never heard of Arrow TV but it looks like it focuses on euro thrillers akin to Saturday night BBC4. The Killing, The Bridge etc. I do like these euro thrillers so I'll give it a whirl as there is a 30 day free trial.

Gomorrah is excellent. I loved every minute when I watched it. There is also Suburra: Blood on Rome on Netflix if you haven't watched that. It is every bit as good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7197684/

Associate
First 2 seasons are top tier TV up there with the ATG's...downhill from there though. Season 3 was okay although got silly at the end. Season 4 was woeful. Utter gash especially the London episode. Such a shame. Don't think will bother with the season 5. The woman boss was just crap....tempted to watch the first 2 season s again just to remind me how great they were.

Soldato
Anyone see the news reports today from the Italian poor areas blighted by crime and think "That looks familiar"?

Associate
End of season 3 iirc, don't watch before, huge spoilers.
Yeah definitely do not watch it before series 3 onwards! :eek:

Thanks guys glad I asked :)

Will be a while till I watch as I'm savoring each episode as is so good ...........loving the cinematography and sound track

Also the characterization particularly Immacolata "Imma" Savastano she has quite a startling screen presence

Another interesting observation the end credits = all Italian production...struggle to fine a non- Italian name appearing

Top Bottom