GT86/GR86

OcUK Staff
Market is for sure showing some signs of slow down on cars, only some marques seem no change, so you guys are doing the right thing with selling your cars now because in a couple more months time it could become more difficult.

Also remember to try CarWOW, Cazoo, WBAC and motorway for quotes.

Soldato
Market is for sure showing some signs of slow down on cars, only some marques seem no change, so you guys are doing the right thing with selling your cars now because in a couple more months time it could become more difficult.

Also remember to try CarWOW, Cazoo, WBAC and motorway for quotes.
Yeah I've tried those - been getting updated quotes every so often, and put the car up with CarWow today, just to see what was offered.
Their offers are a little lower than what I'd want, and much lower than similar cars selling privately, which is to be expected. But I will keep them all in mind as a last resort - still got a few months before the new car is even expected to arrive.

Soldato
Yeah I've tried those - been getting updated quotes every so often, and put the car up with CarWow today, just to see what was offered.
Their offers are a little lower than what I'd want, and much lower than similar cars selling privately, which is to be expected. But I will keep them all in mind as a last resort - still got a few months before the new car is even expected to arrive.
Had forgotten to take down my PH ad so got a punter today (only 4 in 3 weeks) but I sent him a link to yours on the gt86 forum. Nothing to lose.

Whilst I'm not regretting selling my gt86, the lower mpg in my m240i is a bit worrying.

Soldato
Ignoring current pricing stupidity isn't circa 40% retained value over 9 years and 90k miles still a really good result?!
I think so. At the moment, I haven't had any interest privately though, although perhaps I've been optimistic in what I've asked for (although according to the PH valuer, it was pretty much fair price going by the market). We'll see. Still plenty of time to sell I think.

In other news, the press cars have started to arrive in the UK. Couple of UK reviews are out now, including a quick 60 second walk around from The Intercooler (albeit at the Spain launch).

Not sure if the new forum supports embedding Instagram as it does with Twitter, but links here.

Top Bottom