Looking for a good interior white gloss for new doors

Associate
Looking for recommendations for a good interior gloss to paint new internal doors, as they are new they might need a primer also?

Associate
Zinsser do make excellent primers. A shellac based primer is advised to seal the wood so the grain doesn't show through the paint ( the oil in the grain will work it's way through the paint ).

Interestingly I painted a door a little while back with a paint I would not have recommended, Dulux Gloss White ( water based ) but actually it's done a really good job. Seems they have improved it recently.

Soldato
I wouldn’t gloss anything as it is a bit old fashioned! I’ve been doing all the wood work in my new place with Johnstone’s trade eggshell first time I’ve used an oil based paint in years but it goes on beautifully and the finish is stunning. Definitely worth the smell and the brush cleaning hassle!

Associate
This is one of the best ones I have used, but add a touch of white spirits when using as it's a bit thick out the tin

Soldato
Been impressed with the trade satinwood currently putting on in our conservatory. (well my wife is doing as I don't have the patience for it)

Top Bottom