No post screen after bios update.

Associate
Ok so I was a silly man today and tried to update my bios firmware. I followed various video tutorials for my MB which is the ASUS Maximus IX HERO Z270.
I found the the most recent firmware from Asus and extracted it to a formatted fat32 drive and inserted it into the bios USB port in the back of the PC. Once in the bios I went through the process of updating bios directed it to the drive and it started processing. Once it finished the PC never restarted into a post screen on the monitor. Have I killed the MB or is there a way to restore back to how it was. ? I have also cleared the cmos and had the battery out for 20 mins but still nothing. No keyboard or mouse lights coming on either when I power up. Any help please

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
just rename the file using right click rename :)
So when I insert into bios flashback and hold down the bios button it flash's then is a stedy blue light but ive tried 5 times now and the light never goes out after 5 mins 10 mins or 30 mins ?

OK so this time around I am now getting a flashing blue bios button so maybe it will work

Last edited:
Top Bottom