Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
So just watched the fight between O1k and Vader, not really sure why folks are calling it the best star wars fight? It's not a patch on anything from the prequals, let alone the fight between Luke and Vader in Empire (No 1). There was no real tension and the fight choreography was poor. Guess folks are just easily pleased these days.

People have been conditioned to accept poor quality entertainment as long it has the right brand slapped on it.

Soldato
"‘I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!’" doesn't make sense with this new meeting between them retconned into the saga

Soldato
Is this the result of a generation of writers being brought up on comic books or something? How many tv shows are going to be written by complete ******* donkeys? Vader basically carried the whole show on his back with some decentish attempt at acting by Ewan McGregor. First two episodes I almost gave up with two near identical chase sequences with that girl actor that runs like a 5 year old.

Soldato
"‘I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!’" doesn't make sense with this new meeting between them retconned into the saga

Just switch brain off and consume.

Soldato
Of course. How do you know its rubbish without watching it out of interest?
You watch one or two episodes, decide it’s bad and you don’t watch the remainder :rolleyes:

That seems entirely more sensible than watching it and then running to the internet to tell everyone how bad you thought it was. You then rinse and repeat each week despite not liking the first, second, third, forth or fifth episodes and so on. I don’t know about you but if I don’t like something, I stop watching it immediately, I frankly do not have the time or the brain capacity to watch something I don’t like.

Soldato
I enjoyed the last episode. I think the worse thing is the pacing of the episodes that makes it worse. It would have been far better to make it 3 parts instead of six but had them longer.

When you look back at everything on a whole Darth Vader is pretty much a noob who got owned by everyone but his claim to fame is lifting a guy up while being electrocuted.

Not exactly the prodigy with Midi-chlorian count off the charts.

Caporegime
You watch one or two episodes, decide it’s bad and you don’t watch the remainder :rolleyes:

That seems entirely more sensible than watching it and then running to the internet to tell everyone how bad you thought it was. You then rinse and repeat each week despite not liking the first, second, third, forth or fifth episodes and so on. I don’t know about you but if I don’t like something, I stop watching it immediately, I frankly do not have the time or the brain capacity to watch something I don’t like.

I enjoy hating star wars more than I enjoy liking it. A bit like Vadar, I watch it to endure the pain.

* I don't watch it, because it's trash woke Disney nonsense. Suprised Vadar hasn't came out as a woman.

You've literally read words about a program, decided you didn't like those words, continued reading them.

Then your advice to others that gave the program a shot, was that if after a couple episodes, if you don't like what you're seeing, stop watching.

You see the special part here? You've done the same thing you roll eyes at others for doing.

Don't like users words, stop reading them. Don't like the show. Stop watching.

However that's not the advice others give, that's your advice that you don't stick to.

Now it's understandable why someone might stick with a star wars show, as it's star wars and has a history and people are invested, but why you stick with reading users posts that you don't like, is beyond me.

Others view, that as it's star Wars, and like with some new series, it can take 3/4 episodes before it picks up (mandalorian being a perfect example), they watched it to finish and was disappointing, and like almost every person who's reviewed this on imdb, shared their negative view of the series.

Insults (veiled or otherwise) removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I quite enjoyed it, but some of those fight scenes at the end I had to shut the curtains to actually see what was going on. I must get to much sun at the front of the house:p.

Caporegime

And yet the most bemusing light sabre strike ever seems to go unquestioned. That being Obi Wan in episode 4 somehow vanishing into nothing when hit by the sabre.

Though I suppose these days people would somehow try and connect that to being similar to Luke vanishing because of the effort used in last jedi to force project to another planet. Not the best comparison considering Obi Wan was basically standing about during a slow motion light sabre battle.

Top Bottom