PayPal leaving UK Financial Ombudsman Service’s

Soldato
"It's not fair! Why should we have to actually take time and money to act like a proper, responsible financial service when we can just resolve problems using spin the bottle, and pocket the money for our fat, odious board members and shareholders?"

They have never been any good, scammers were running rings around them twenty years ago.

Don
Clickbait headline surely?

They are withdrawing from the voluntary part, but will still be subject to the Compulsory Jurisdiction of the FOS

As part of PayPal’s continued efforts to manage some necessary changes arising from the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union, we will be withdrawing from the UK Financial Ombudsman Service’s (FOS) Voluntary Jurisdiction on 1st December 2022. Due to changes to UK rules, since 1st January 2021, we have been, and continue to be, subject to the Compulsory Jurisdiction of the FOS for complaints from certain UK customers (consumers and certain smaller businesses that qualify as a micro-enterprise, small business, charity, trustee or guarantor) about events occurring on or after this date and these customers continue to have the right to refer their complaint to the FOS.

What the hell happened to them? They used to be good.

I quite liked PayPal when it used to be a money wallet i.e. you can keep money in there from your eBay sales and then use the proceeds to buy other things. Starting last year though (I think), the PayPal money just goes into your bank account.

Anyone recommend some good alternatives? Quite like how easy it is to pay with Paypal.

Google Pay. You can use it on eBay now.

Associate
OP
I quite liked PayPal when it used to be a money wallet i.e. you can keep money in there from your eBay sales and then use the proceeds to buy other things. Starting last year though (I think), the PayPal money just goes into your bank account.

Google Pay. You can use it on eBay now.
I use google pay but they are just as bad.

Man of Honour
That's because the payments are no longer handled by PP, eBay do it all in house.

Top Bottom