Scum Scammers

Soldato
Depending how much free time I have I have a VM installed on my PC for this very specific reason.

I have a few honeypot documents on my desktop with shortcuts called 'bank details' or 'credit card numbers'. But really they're links to rather questionable images that I keep opening up and then they shutdown and I open it back up.

Quite good fun to be had but I got bored of doing it over and over again.

Soldato
Depending how much free time I have I have a VM installed on my PC for this very specific reason.

I have a few honeypot documents on my desktop with shortcuts called 'bank details' or 'credit card numbers'. But really they're links to rather questionable images that I keep opening up and then they shutdown and I open it back up.

Quite good fun to be had but I got bored of doing it over and over again.

I figure the longer I keep them on the hook, the less chance they have to speak to someone who might actually fall for it - doesn't really waste much of my time keeping them on the line while getting on with work :p

Man of Honour
Just had one of these, from "Amazon Prime" saying my prime subscription has been automatically renewed (great, wouldn't want to miss out on my free delivery and video!), but nonetheless pushed "1" to speak to someone.

Just had this exact same phone call but being at work I couldn't play along.

Soldato
Should say you have Dementia too, then you can come out with anything and/or say you dont know what they're talking about. Or put a 'nurse' on the phone to say you have Dementia

Man of Honour
Should say you have Dementia too, then you can come out with anything and/or say you dont know what they're talking about. Or put a 'nurse' on the phone to say you have Dementia

Didn't work for me, I basically said it by repeating every 30 seconds "Did I tell you I'm 89 today?", they just kept asking "How many percent now?" with the installation of Team Viewer.

Soldato
Didn't work for me, I basically said it by repeating every 30 seconds "Did I tell you I'm 89 today?", they just kept asking "How many percent now?" with the installation of Team Viewer.
They clearly do not know old people / Dementia patients. Asking about Team Viewer install percentage :D My nan has alzheimer's bless her, she doesnt even know what the TV remote is for now a days

Man of Honour
They clearly do not know old people / Dementia patients. Asking about Team Viewer install percentage :D My nan has alzheimer's bless her, she doesnt even know what the TV remote is for now a days

When my Dad was in hospital 6 weeks ago before he died he started to forget things, up until then he was fine, but he kept hiding the remote control under his pyjamas because he said the Nurses were trying to steal it. He eventually put it somewhere so nobody found it :)

Soldato
When my Dad was in hospital 6 weeks ago before he died he started to forget things, up until then he was fine, but he kept hiding the remote control under his pyjamas because he said the Nurses were trying to steal it. He eventually put it somewhere so nobody found it :)
:D is it still missing?
My nan hides things too, chocolate wrappers and the like

Associate
I sort of assumed he'd stuffed it up his **** the way it was worded but maybe that was just me. He'll of a hiding place though.

Associate
Some of the biggest and outright obvious scams I've seen were at avforums, where loaded Billy would not be bothered to do any checks and would gladly hand over many £1000's to a complete stranger that has only been a member for a few days, but that 4K projector is the cheapest Billy's ever seen and he must have it.

Even one of the staff there got scammed by a scammer :cry:

Caporegime
Virgin have rang me in the past offering a better phone/deal and if i could "run through a few security questions". Yeah but no. On my account it still says i have a Galaxy Ace 2 :D

Sales call - NOPE
Scam call - NOPE

Incoming calls should only be taken if they are from someone you know. If you want to speak to someone you don't know then you should call them first.

Caporegime
It went on & on with me getting more stupid and he still didn't cotton on and then after 15 minutes I just said "I'm going now, thanks for letting me mess you about"

Just keep doing it, it wastes their money by them phoning you. I wish we had some sort of AI that could respond when spoken too if played into some sort of device. :p

Man of Honour
Just strung another VM scam call for 10 minutes and recorded it, I got a bit bored so told them I work for VM and the Asian lady called me a MFB :)
(Samuel L Jackson and a female dog)

Top Bottom