*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I gave notice 30 days ago after being a customer for 20 years. was offered very little in the way of deals or incentives to stay when speaking to them.
No new deals or offers sent since so I'll be moving to freesat & streaming services as of tomorrow. My LG B6 TV has a built in freesat decoder so just hopefully I need to change the LNB on the dish :D

Last edited:
Associate
In the process of negotiating a new tv and broadband contract for our household, how do the below prices offered look at the moment? Previously had anytime extra discounted to £0 but being told they can’t do that at the moment.

Sky Signature - £20.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term (£12.00 off)

Netflix - £6.00

Sky HD - £4.00

Ultra HD - £2.00

Sky Sports in HD - £19.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term (£14.00 off)

Cinema - £9.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term (£10.00 off)

Multiscreen - £8.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term (£7.00 off)

Sky Broadband Ultrafast Plus - £39.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term (£11.00 off)

Line Rental - £0.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term

Anytime Extra - £12.00

Total cost would be £119.00 per month for 18 months on an 18 month minimum term with a £20.00 admin fee.

To Celebrate the 5th Birthday of Sky mobile, we can also offer a free 2GB SIM with unlimited calls and texts, no catch, completely free for its 12-month term! You’d get free Sky Go Extra, and our great ‘piggy bank’ feature that means any leftover data rolls over and is stored for 3 years that you can use any time - perfect for a tablet or spare device.

Soldato
Any particular reason why? We use all the services across our house, what could be better priced please?
Doesn't seem great.

I have :
Signature + Sky Sports + BT Sport + HD + UHD
900mb fibre + a mobile contract from BT

Comes in around the same price.....could have got the broadband cheaper too

Soldato
Can't get anywhere near my last deal with Sky.

Cheapest I can get is £105 after threat of leaving for the following:

Sky Broadband Superfast
Sky Signature
Sky Kids
Sky F1 HD
Sky Cinema
Sky HD
Ultra HD
Ultimate TV Add on
Multiscreen x1

Looks like it's time to actually leave because they're joking.

Also, forgot how many times I said I didn't want Sky Glass...

Soldato
I got offered £80 for exactly the same minus the broadband, so I've cancelled last month, moved to freesat and the Q box went back yesterday.

I've been paying £45 p/m for this for the last 2 years and have always been able to get some form of 40-50% off deal not this time though, I suspect Sky are internally changing tact with their retention deals and essentially trying to keep less people that pay more rather than sheer volume of people. Have no evidence of this though, just a suspicion.

Soldato
I got offered £80 for exactly the same minus the broadband, so I've cancelled last month, moved to freesat and the Q box went back yesterday.

I've been paying £45 p/m for this for the last 2 years and have always been able to get some form of 40-50% off deal not this time though, I suspect Sky are internally changing tact with their retention deals and essentially trying to keep less people that pay more rather than sheer volume of people. Have no evidence of this though, just a suspicion.

Indeed. My whole telephone conversation was strange, very different and agonising.

Am I correct in saying that the latest Freesat boxes support the wideband Sky Q LNBs?

Soldato
Can't get anywhere near my last deal with Sky.

Cheapest I can get is £105 after threat of leaving for the following:

Sky Broadband Superfast
Sky Signature
Sky Kids
Sky F1 HD
Sky Cinema
Sky HD
Ultra HD
Ultimate TV Add on
Multiscreen x1

Looks like it's time to actually leave because they're joking.

Also, forgot how many times I said I didn't want Sky Glass...

That's flopped so hard IMO. People don't want it.

Soldato
TV contract ends Saturday, they haven't phoned me for 5 years - now offering me new SIM deals, I Pad offers, new phones etc

LMAO - Get fecked. Their TV "offer" was worse than the deal I was on, not that I wanted to keep SKY anyway - but still.

:D

Soldato
Well a week after leaving & sending by Q box back Ive had my first email from Sky.
Offered me signature, movies, sports UHD, kids & multiscreen for £55

Still not interested

Sgarrista
Commissario
Noticed my bill went from £50-something a month to £99

Rang up, realized a bunch of stuff that they added "free" last renewal was being charged, ripped it all out the package, back down to £60 but on a monthly only, will give it a week or 2 then ring up and get a deal.

Associate
Cancelled sky Q today after 22 years only used it to watch odd show or timeshift .

I wasn't offered any deals at the time

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We finally have ultrafast in our area. Currently on 7mb/s, so should be a decent upgrade.

Have binned the F1 channel too.

They are desperately trying to sell sky glass, lost count of how many times I said no :D

Last edited:
Soldato
We finally have ultrafast in our area. Currently on 7mb/s, so should be a decent upgrade.

Have binned the F1 channel too.

They are desperately trying to sell sky glass, lost count of how many times I said no :D
Sky glass would have sold like hot cakes had sky done a deal with LG and used OLED panels, but stupidly they went from the ***** from Hisense

Soldato
Sky glass would have sold like hot cakes had sky done a deal with LG and used OLED panels, but stupidly they went from the ***** from Hisense

I don't think that's the case, 98% of the public wouldn't know a thing (or care) about panels. It's flopped so hard because no-one wants to rent a TV, it's not the 70s any more.

Soldato
I don't think that's the case, 98% of the public wouldn't know a thing (or care) about panels. It's flopped so hard because no-one wants to rent a TV, it's not the 70s any more.
You’re not renting a tv, you’re buying it. If you cancel your sky you continue to make the TV payments and keep the TV.

Top Bottom