Smarty

Associate
I joined Smarty at the end of last year after being PAYG for about 20 years. The only reason I changed was for the data allowance as 30GB is pretty good for a tenner, and far better than any other provider seems to offer. The downside is they're on the Three network, which is pretty **** round here, so the signal comes and goes. I don't get anywhere near the data limit and I don't send many texts or make many phonecalls, but it probably still works out cheaper than PAYG if I want to listen to music when I go out for walks. I also use the data to sync to my Nextcloud server, which is an added bonus if I happen to snap any pics when I'm out and about (not many).

If they used a better mobile network I'd be happier, but I'm not complaining too much at £10/month.

Soldato
Noticed on my daughter's Iphone today it shows Wifi Calling, shes got a Smarty Sim

Upon looking on reddit, they are testing it but not official yet and 5G is on the way, not bad for a MVNO that doesn't have credit checks! it will get more popular for sure.

https://smarty.co.uk/5g

Soldato
I picked up a Smarty SIM to use with my tablet and the data speed has been dire; I think I'll just switch back to a "proper" Three unlimited SIM which oddly is far, far better in the same locations!

Associate
I was with Smarty until very recently. Unfortunately I'm in a pretty poor coverage area for the 3 network, and when I found out they don't have the ability at the moment to let you reply to 5 digit text numbers, free or not, I decided to move.

Off-topic rant: Went to Plusnet next as I use their broadband ('mates rates'), which was a huge mistake as they started charging me before even posting my SIM, then ported my number while it was still in transit which left me without a phone for two days! That, and their pitiful customer service (lack of) means I've now changed mobile provider twice in one week!

Soldato
What the hell!!

£20 here for 100GB sim only!
I was on a bad deal back then. I’ve switched to smarty £10 a month for 30gb data. Is switch back to EE if I could get a sub £15 deal with similar data to the 30 I have now.

Soldato
I'm in need of a new sim only contract and Had looked into Smarty but today I saw ID mobile are doing 4gb for £6 a month with data roll over, which is more than I'll ever need so am tempted.

Is any one on ID mobile network, what's it like? It's a mixed bag of reviews on trust pilot.

Soldato
I'm in need of a new sim only contract and Had looked into Smarty but today I saw ID mobile are doing 4gb for £6 a month with data roll over, which is more than I'll ever need so am tempted.

Is any one on ID mobile network, what's it like? It's a mixed bag of reviews on trust pilot.

Tbh. No network is the best. It's basically what has good coverage for your use.

Also trust pilot, take with a pinch of salt, Check out John Lewis on trust pilot.

Top Bottom