So it had to happen - PLASMA now died

Soldato
Have no idea on modern TVs apart from OLED is bad idea due to my own ineptitude of wandering off and forgetting it was left on (Read a few posts on this forum to convince its not for me).
If you come from plasma why would this be a problem? I am a projector person over TV so I might have missed something. Isn't Plasma the one where you shouldn't leave something on the screen and walk away? If OLED is the same surely you are used to that?

Soldato
If you come from plasma why would this be a problem? I am a projector person over TV so I might have missed something. Isn't Plasma the one where you shouldn't leave something on the screen and walk away? If OLED is the same surely you are used to that?
It is..

I've been through Rear Projection, Plasma, now OLED and we have an older 2016 LG OLED on main duty with zero screen burn issues despite the kids or the Mrs not taking any 'care'.. By contrast my older Pioneer 43" Plasma had image retention at the drop of a hat and I had to take 'care' of it to keep it manageable.

Top Bottom