Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2022, Barcelona - Race 6

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Anyone seen kmags post race interview for his view on the incident?

Why does anyone need to hear his view? Hamilton's onboard shows Mags is entirely to blame, Hamilton was hugging the inside line and Mags just basically bashed into him.

The fact he didnt get any sort of penalty for that is utterly ridiculous.

Associate
I think it's more about some people don't like Hamilton and then they can't have a straight/impartial view on things...

I agree with this. No different to how people act towards other drivers/teams though. Most incapable of being impartial.

99.9% of elite sportsmen are primadonnas, very rare you get an exception.

Soldato
Would have been ferrari 1,2 if they hadn't buggered it. I think merc result was flattered by everyone else's poor performance. Hamilton delivered a great result despite whining like a bitch and wanting to chuck it in early on.

Caporegime
Would have been ferrari 1,2 if they hadn't buggered it. I think merc result was flattered by everyone else's poor performance. Hamilton delivered a great result despite whining like a bitch and wanting to chuck it in early on.

Was he whining?

He told the team he thought it might be prudent to just save the engine, which at the time looked like it could have been an option. Yes he was wrong and actually turned out to be blisteringly fast, but i don't think he was "whining like a bitch".

Soldato
Was he whining?

He told the team he thought it might be prudent to just save the engine, which at the time looked like it could have been an option. Yes he was wrong and actually turned out to be blisteringly fast, but i don't think he was "whining like a bitch".
He wanted to give up. That's not what a winner says.

Soldato

That's a pretty harsh view on something that we only heard one message about. It was a bit weird, but at the same time thinking about the other 16 races that are left where more points may have been achievable, is also clever as neither the driver nor the pit wall knew the future.

Soldato
That's a pretty harsh view on something that we only heard one message about. It was a bit weird, but at the same time thinking about the other 16 races that are left where more points may have been achievable, is also clever as neither the driver nor the pit wall knew the future.
I think it just goes to show you never give up. His head just isn't there which just feeds the view that he's a massive primadonna.

Caporegime
I think it just goes to show you never give up. His head just isn't there which just feeds the view that he's a massive primadonna.

But what if that engine was crucial in actually winning a race later in the season if Merc do get on par with RB/Ferrari?

It was just a long term strategy thought from Lewis. It didnt seem like he was whining at all.

His team said no we think you can get good points, and he put his head down and went on to drive a fantastic comeback drive, where he was a only a tenth of the fastest lap a red bull set, and chased down a Ferrari and overtook it.

Caporegime

He drove the fastest race of any of the finishers, despite traffic, after the first lap where he ended up having to replace his tyres through no fault of his own. Then came within 10s of his teammate who started ahead of him before having to nurse it home due to a technical fault. On what planet did he give up?

Soldato
But what if that engine was crucial in actually winning a race later in the season if Merc do get on par with RB/Ferrari?

It was just a long term strategy thought from Lewis. It didnt seem like he was whining at all.

His team said no we think you can get good points, and he put his head down and went on to drive a fantastic comeback drive, where he was a only a tenth of the fastest lap a red bull set, and chased down a Ferrari and overtook it.
I mean fair enough, it's a good argument.

Soldato
He drove the fastest race of any of the finishers, despite traffic, after the first lap where he ended up having to replace his tyres through no fault of his own. Then came within 10s of his teammate who started ahead of him before having to nurse it home due to a technical fault. On what planet did he give up?
When he said he wanted to give up but didn't only because his team told him not to.

Caporegime
Really liked this GP.

Im going to say this is rbrs championship.
2 decent drivers. Ferrari and Rbr dropping the ball a few times but I think Rbr is the better car.

And now with Mercedes absolutely back I think this will hurt ferrari more.

Bottas doing a solid job best of the rest.

The result sucks for perez. But he does need to play the team game. He's not going to win the WDC but he could lose it for max taking points.
It absolutely sucks. But this is business

Associate
When he said he wanted to give up but didn't only because his team told him not to.

He never gave up at any point, never said he wanted to give up, just said maybe we should save the engine, team said no, go for it, he went from a minute behind to 5th, like Hamilton or not, that is one hell of a drive, no giving up there.

Soldato
Really liked this GP.

Im going to say this is rbrs championship.
2 decent drivers. Ferrari and Rbr dropping the ball a few times but I think Rbr is the better car.

And now with Mercedes absolutely back I think this will hurt ferrari more.

Bottas doing a solid job best of the rest.

The result sucks for perez. But he does need to play the team game. He's not going to win the WDC but he could lose it for max taking points.
It absolutely sucks. But this is business
I think its pretty tragic. Ver having to be given a spot so deliberately only some races this early. Can't think of another team this early didn't tlet team mates race.

Associate
Felt sorry for Perez, only race 6 and already ordered to gift Max a win.

He wanted to give up. That's not what a winner says.
He is a winner and he said it, so that is what a winner says. With the information he had available I think it would have been the correct decision to save the engine. With hindsight it wasn't but nobody knew at the time he would have such blistering pace in that Merc.

Soldato
Most incapable of being impartial.
Yeah and it's clear @Bald-Eagle22 doesn't have a level view on things when he says things like -
Clown Hamilton is a fraud and I Keep telling everyone and no one here can see it, thankfully GR is providing all the evidence to support my claims.
As said, Hamilton was the best driver on the track yesterday. This guy can't look objectively at it, that is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom