Spec me budget build

Soldato

When you are looking at the more budget orientated mobos you just need to be certain it has the features and connectivety you require. For example that mobo has DVI-D and HDMI video output , if you require something else it is not for you.

No point getting a super cheap board if you have to spend £50 on add on cards to give it the functionality you need. You just need a check list of requirements and find a mobo that does what you need it too.

My friend isn't a power user at all, just a general use pc will be ok. I think hdmi output will be fine for his use. I'll admit, it looks a pretty basic board.

Soldato
How is the MSI H410M-A PRO mATX motherboard?

All the Hx10 boards are ****, but they'll be fine for an i3, it's like Haz123 said, make sure it has everything you want, like USB ports, video ports. That said, in hardwareunboxed's testing of low-end boards, MSI's cheap ones seem to do quite well thermally compared to the competition.

Associate
Thanks for the offer, very kind of you :)

Will see what I can come up with using the igpu for now. But will bear in mind, cheers.
If it allows you to upgrade to 10400f and you get more years of joy out of it, I'm happy to donate my GPU to your need. I picked it up for £10 and honestly have no space or need for it.

Soldato
All built and windows 11 installed. Been tweaking it and it seems really rapid for what was paid. Case turned up looking like someone had used it to stand on though, all dented and pushed in on the top. Managed to bend it back sufficiently though.