Terminal List - Chris Pratt TV Show Amazon July 2022 - Based on a Jack Carr Novel

Soldato
Hi All,

Just seen the new teaser trailer drop of this Jack Carr Novel TV Show being aired by Amazon in July starring Chris Pratt as a SEAL whose must find out what happened after a mission goes bad.

I'm a huge Jack Carr fan (ex-SEAL now author) and I've been following this literally from the start with Chris buying the rights after a personal chat with Jack after they were first introduced just after "Zero Dark Thirty" was made . The over-arcing story is a little clichéd (well a lot TBH) but the authenticity that Carr brought combined with some genuinely good writing made the novel rise above the usual "ex-SEAL becomes Author post GWOT" stuff which makes up the majority of military fiction novels right now.

I realise it won't be 100% accurate to noevl (they never are) but I'm hoping for something that stays as close as possible and maybe adds a few new things to keep those book readers amongst us guessing.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Never heard of it until today. Pretty good episodes..must watch imo.

Soldato
It's great IMO. I've not read the books so i can't comment on it's accuracy but dark, moody, suitably violent and well acted all round, especially Pratt who i've not seen in a serious role before.

Reactions: Kyo
Man of Honour
Why does Chris Pratt's face look different in like every 3rd scene almost like they are using a look alike in some (non-action) scenes and even CGI in others :s dunno whether it was shot in pieces over a long timespan or something but it is kind of disconcerting.

Caporegime
It has reviewed quite poorly and I've got more than enough good stuff to watch on my list such as all of Stranger Things S4, The Boys S3, Ms Marvel and the 'Better Call Saul' final episodes, so will probably give this a miss

Associate
Why does Chris Pratt's face look different in like every 3rd scene almost like they are using a look alike in some (non-action) scenes and even CGI in others :s dunno whether it was shot in pieces over a long timespan or something but it is kind of disconcerting.

yeah i noticed this.

struggled through to about half way through the second episode then gave up on this.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It has reviewed quite poorly and I've got more than enough good stuff to watch on my list such as all of Stranger Things S4, The Boys S3, Ms Marvel and the 'Better Call Saul' final episodes, so will probably give this a miss

I wouldn't just go by the reviews it's brilliant imo. Especially if you like this genre.

Soldato
I got 4 more episodes to go, so far loving it!

Lots of twists and turns and lots of action! The hairstyle really doesn't suit him though lol

Man of Honour
It is OK, in hindsight much more hit and miss than it seemed while watching it. Towards the end he/they were making the kind of rookie errors in planning he was criticising people for making in the first couple of episodes or so which seemed more like the writers rather than an intended thing so I felt like it let it down a bit. Wasn't really overly gone on the ending either.

Almost feel like those giving it harshly negative reviews were watching something else though and/or a lot seem to pick it apart as a reaction to because the scenes were too dark on their display - which is more an error of their setup really.

Caporegime
Finished it today. It passed the time but I doubt I will remember it in a year's time. The flashbacks from different angles/views get boring after a while and didn't add much in the end. I thought they might do something badass with Jai Courtney but his character ultimately disappointed. Chris's Pratt's character just felt over powered and you never felt any real sense of danger for him. Add a man to the list, kill him off with ease and rinse and repeat.

Jack Reacher is more fun if you want action and physicality and Jack Ryan is better if you want some politics thrown in for good measure.

rp2000

Soldato
Was pretty good, little fatigued of the whole white guy military guy going against a conspiracy though. Feels like I’ve already watched a dozen shows / films doing the same thing.

Soldato
It's ok, just standard by the numbers stuff. I feel sorry for Chris Pratt in this because he seems to be having a bad hair day every day.

Soldato
Was ok, preferred Reacher to this. Has to be a contender for darkest (as in light levels) TV show ever made. Right up there with Game of Thrones.

Associate
Finished it over the weekend and it's worth a watch but pacing is all over the shop, which makes it difficult to watch at times, and it seems like it should/could have been a lot, lot better if some of the characters were better utilised, ie - Steven Horn (as someone else mentioned).
Also not sure Pratt was the correct person for the lead although he's massively better in this than some of his other stuff, like the recent JP.

Man of Honour
Also not sure Pratt was the correct person for the lead although he's massively better in this than some of his other stuff, like the recent JP.

I think they must have shot this around his other schedules or something over a longer time period, there seemed to be quite a bit of inconsistency scene to scene - some of it I felt he nailed, other times it would have definitely worked better with a different lead, some scenes it was almost like a different person was acting including some scenes where his appearance was significantly different (not just as per the script called for). It felt like he had dramatically different levels of commitment even over the same episode.

Soldato
Feel like I might have been watching a totally different programme; I really enjoyed this and Chris Pratt isn’t exactly my favourite actor.

I enjoyed Reacher too (love the books), but I felt this was more on point.

Top Bottom