The Manchester United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

fez

fez

Soldato
Probably not the greatest time for the Glazers to be taking an £11m dividend

Doesn't matter. United fans have shown that they have little stomach to do anything that would even make the owners think twice about selling.

They don't care. They hold the fans in contempt.

Exactly.

Only owner that takes dividends in the PL I believe, fun.

Think there was one other but yes, mind boggling. I think our current debt levels are higher than they started now as well.

Caporegime
Doesn't matter. United fans have shown that they have little stomach to do anything that would even make the owners think twice about selling.
What exactly can they do? There are more protests planned for the preseason friendlies but if the Glazers don't give a **** there is nothing that can be done.

fez

fez

Soldato
What exactly can they do? There are more protests planned for the preseason friendlies but if the Glazers don't give a **** there is nothing that can be done.

Protest in large numbers outside the stadium every game, stop buying things from the club store, leave the stadium half empty every week. There is plenty that can be done and if the fans kicked up enough of a stink the owners would think twice about their continued ownership.

No one would give too many ***** if they were running the club well or we weren't still sitting with £600m of debt and a mess of a setup. They can take dividends. Thats not really the issue. The issue is that they are taking dividends as their mismanagement of the biggest side in England slowly slides down and down in every area.

There are some signs of change but it will be interesting to see what happens if this is another false dawn.

Man of Honour
OP
Small protests won't do it.

If the stadium was half empty week after week, they'd start thinking about selling. It has to be something drastic like that.

However, due to the massive fanbase and tourists etc, that's not realistic.

I think we're stuck with them and we just have to hope they get the football operation in order.

Caporegime
Protest in large numbers outside the stadium every game, stop buying things from the club store, leave the stadium half empty every week. There is plenty that can be done and if the fans kicked up enough of a stink the owners would think twice about their continued ownership.

No one would give too many ***** if they were running the club well or we weren't still sitting with £600m of debt and a mess of a setup. They can take dividends. Thats not really the issue. The issue is that they are taking dividends as their mismanagement of the biggest side in England slowly slides down and down in every area.

There are some signs of change but it will be interesting to see what happens if this is another false dawn.

What you're suggesting is for all intents impossible though. Our fanbase is far too large for OT to ever be even half empty regularly. What you're suggesting could work at a small town club but just not at any top club.

fez

fez

Soldato
What you're suggesting is for all intents impossible though. Our fanbase is far too large for OT to ever be even half empty regularly. What you're suggesting could work at a small town club but just not at any top club.

It could work if the fans were willing to lose a large amount of money. A ticket is a ticket. If you own a ticket then it can't be resold and the seat would be empty. But yes, its unrealistic because we would never get enough season ticket holders to do it.

Associate
I think there are around 55k season ticket holders? (Could be more tbh).
Even if they all boycot games (which they won't), the Glazers wouldn't care less = as they have already been paid for the seats.
I tried not to renew all the way back in 2005 but I just couldn't do it, been going too long and it is in the blood.
I have not spent a single penny in the ground since then, as I vowed not to give them a single penny more than I have to.
Our Club is just too well supported, for any of us that decide to protest and not renew, there are 10 other people wanting to buy the same ticket......the Glazers know this.

Last edited:
Associate
Around 10,000 didn't renew in 2005 (most went to FCUM)......it made no difference to the crowd numbers at all = all immediately replaced.
The Glazers don't want us Old Skool fans in the ground, they want the new breed that will spend money in the Club's shop and go into the ground 2 hours before kick off for hot dogs and beers.
We ain't fans in their eyes, we are 'consumers'.
#Glazernomics

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty sure i was one of those that took advantage in 2005/2006 and got a season ticket for the first time.

Christ i underestimated the cost though. At 20 you don't realise the additional costs of tram tickets and food/booze every game!

Associate
Not strictly a Manchester united question... However r.e old trafford.

Taking my daughter to England vs Austria on Wednesday. Her first "big game" (looks like 70k+ attendance predicted).

Coming from the west (chester area) whats currently best options for getting in and out based on driving. Looks like official car parks are already booked (but google advises that not best option anyway as you can be stuck trying to get out for ages) . Was looking at either tram or unofficial car parks that reading on Google seem to be an option i.e School car parks.

I've no idea how fast these options fill up - would be travelling in after work so around Manchester area for 6pm.

Many thanks!

Associate
Whenever I drive to Utd I park at Ladywell metrolink which will be M62 then M602 if coming from the west, big car park, free park and ride and about 15 mins on the tram down to Exchange Quay. It's a 10 minute or so walk to the ground from there, and after the game the reverse route from Exchange Quay towards Eccles isn't too bad, I normally manage to get on the 1st or 2nd tram

Associate
Whenever I drive to Utd I park at Ladywell metrolink which will be M62 then M602 if coming from the west, big car park, free park and ride and about 15 mins on the tram down to Exchange Quay. It's a 10 minute or so walk to the ground from there, and after the game the reverse route from Exchange Quay towards Eccles isn't too bad, I normally manage to get on the 1st or 2nd tram
Thank you, had seen ladywell mentioned a couple of times elsewhere so will look into that!

Top Bottom