The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
I can't be bothered with burgers that are stacked too tall to bite. I know it's been 'a thing' for a number of years, but I prefer them more manageable :)
Nothing more than a willy waving competition imo.
I'd rather have the same burger 30cm wide and enjoy more than one that's designed more for Instagram and the challenge gang.

Associate
I decided to make a home made burger tonight, so made a few buns/baps/cobs or whatever one calls them..

ZdPi46n.jpg

Then I made the wise decision to open and drink rather a lot of a bottle of Ophir gin at 3pm, and then stuffs went wrong..

UcvNSc0.jpg

So, not deterred from my mission, I hacked the thing into several pieces and wolfed it down..

YQzY07p.jpg

Lessons learnt from this debacle are..

Don't drink and pretend one can cook, as in this case it doesn't work.
That said, I didn't need to wear a hazmat suit when munching it.
Those rolls look great, could you PM me the recipe please?

Cheers

Soldato
Thanks! All a bit rush and I was seriously hangry at the time too. Will give it a proper go when the paddle shows up - it really is very little effort to get lit and clean up!

Associate
Nothing more than a willy waving competition imo.
I'd rather have the same burger 30cm wide and enjoy more than one that's designed more for Instagram and the challenge gang.
I don't mind high stacked burgers but they are impossible to eat, so kind of defeats the purpose. It looks great for pictures as you say, then you lose half the filing or resort to a knife and fork to eat! :(

The baps (and burger) that @JonRGV250 posted looked awesome! Its good to see a bread bun for a burger rather than brioche - I wont turn down a burger in either, just much prefer me burger in a bread bun. :)

Associate
I don't mind high stacked burgers but they are impossible to eat, so kind of defeats the purpose. It looks great for pictures as you say, then you lose half the filing or resort to a knife and fork to eat! :(

The baps (and burger) that @JonRGV250 posted looked awesome! Its good to see a bread bun for a burger rather than brioche - I wont turn down a burger in either, just much prefer me burger in a bread bun. :)
Totally agree that those baps do look good.

Unfortunately I'm stopped every time I try to buy something other than brioche for burgers by SWMBO
I would change buns each time I make a new batch, but.....

The tall burgers would work for me if it was fixed and could be carved with a kebab knife.

Last edited:
Soldato
1/2kg of fresh goat, finely home minced and done as a smash burger.

N6YQR81.jpg

88xIAgc.jpg
Oh my ! That looks fantastic :D

Agree!

Associate
Oh my ! That looks fantastic :D

Agree!

Thank you.

We've agreed at home that the travel is worth it for how well this meat works as a burger and will buy more often now.

If anyone else is thinking of trying I can highly recommend. It needs to be minced fine though.

Top Bottom