Poll: *** The official Studio Display thread (it has the 27" 5K iMac screen and everything!) ***

Are you getting the 27" Studio Display?

• Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
Commissario
My second one (the original one I ordered) is now showing "We’re preparing your order and will notify you when it ships", even though the green bar is still on Processing.

The delivery window is still 27th June - 11th July.

Commissario
And magically, this has happened overnight.

Preparing to Ship
When your order has shipped, we’ll send you tracking information. Due to the impact of COVID-19 and increased demand for online shopping, we recommend visiting Track Shipment for the most up-to-date delivery information, as well as options to reschedule or redirect your delivery.

Soldato
Going through some forums, it appears that someone has found a solution? No idea if it works though (adjusting brightness via windows)... wondering if anyone could confirm?

Soldato
John Lewis have the non-height adjustable version in stock online ATM is anyone if looking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can a windows laptop connect to this? Is it over tb? I would like display and Audio.

Getting mixed reviews off of google/yt.

Soldato
OP
Can a windows laptop connect to this? Is it over tb? I would like display and Audio.

Getting mixed reviews off of google/yt.

It's possible but apparently there's no easy way to control brightness.

Soldato
OP
Did anyone go for the nano texture screen ? If so is it worth it?

Go to an Apple store and try it. The visuals are not as good as the normal version, they look less bright and less sharp. But they're great at avoiding glare. So only get it if you absolutely need to avoid reflections.

Commissario
I had a look because where I have one of my monitors, I get a reflection of my window.

I’m very confident the nano would have removed the glare completely but I didn’t like the reduced brightness and I felt it looked slightly fuzzy compared to the non nano.

If I were just running one display, it would probably be OK but I have two next to each other and that just wouldn’t have worked.

Oh, they supply a special cleaning cloth with the nano and that’s what you’re supposed to use to deal with the texture.

Top Bottom