Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Soldato
The story of how Russia's most elite paratrooper units were destroyed in the battle for kyiv

Last edited:
Soldato
On these last day of the NATO summit, Biden just announced the largest military package yet for Ukraine

Ukraine will receive:

* 600 Main battle tanks
* 500 long range artillery systems
* 600,000 artillery shells
* 140,000 anti tank ammunition
* Long range guided rocket systems and ammunition, anti ship missile systems and ammunition and also anti air systems and ammunition

Man of Honour
On these last day of the NATO summit, Biden just announced the largest military package yet for Ukraine

Ukraine will receive:

* 600 Main battle tanks
* Long range guided rocket systems and ammunition, anti ship missile systems and ammunition and also anti air systems and ammunition

Maybe an attempt to influence Russian government thinking - 600 main battle tanks is going to take some time to deliver on and I dunno what they would be unless the US plans to pull some of the older Abrams that are sitting in their 100s parked up.

Caporegime

Ukraine will receive:

* 600 Main battle tanks

That seems very sus/dubious tbh.. give what they've been willing to supply before.

Soldato
Maybe an attempt to influence Russian government thinking - 600 main battle tanks is going to take some time to deliver on and I dunno what they would be unless the US plans to pull some of the older Abrams that are sitting in their 100s parked up.

Looks like it's not a US delivery alone even though it was announced by Biden and not Stoltenberg. This is a NATO coalition delivery; many countries and even some outside NATO will be assisting to service this list

Soldato
Lots of things like tanks/jets that turned out to be not-true. Gonna wait to see what happens here.

That's a lot of training that needs to happen for mbt's for example.

Soldato
I've not too long come from a trip to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. It was interesting to see first hand some of the side-effects the war has had in the Baltics. In Latvia they seem to be finally standing up for themselves on Russian issues and there was a big protest to take down a contentious war memorial in Rīga, something that would never have happened a few years ago.

I think in a sense they are glad that the rest of the world is seeing some of the **** they've had to endure for decades. Years ago I visited the former KGB building in Rīga, where many Latvians were taken and never to be seen again. They even had some of the spent bullet casing left in a room where people were shot.
The receptionist at the hotel where I stayed was a Ukrainian refugee. There are quite a few working in Rīga now.

On the 4 hour coach journey from Latvia to Lithuania I just happened to be sitting next to a Belorussian guy and we had an interesting chat as I was 'forced' to share his bottle of whisky for most of the journey. He was basically ****** off that the war was happening. As he stated it in Russian, "it's an unnecessary civil war among brothers".

Associate
TuXdcI9.png
sdVkqMK.png
K83ADbV.png
Ev29zVK.png
qXnxEQs.png
UWCMque.png
FvDdu0n.png

Soldato

Ukraine will receive:

* 600 Main battle tanks
Got a link/source for that claim? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh look, the bot has woken up.

Got a link/source for that claim? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...-today-prepares-to-counter-threats-of-tomorr/
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ught together,ammunition, as well as advanced

01-Jul-2022 06:44:06 - Hungary PM Orban: We Have to Speed Up Our Defence Development Programme — Radio
01-Jul-2022 06:44:31 - Hungary PM Orban: We Must Radically Increase Our Defence Capabilities

Last edited:
Soldato
Echo chamber? Yes it is, why?

Probably the only time you will get anything right

echo chamber

an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

You are like someone defending Nazi Germany during ww2, unacceptable really.
No I've never defended the Ukrainian Nazi element Azov but plenty of people in this thread have.

hKJSCQ.jpg

Associate
rc9ysbR.png
01-Jul-2022 08:38:34 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: We Are Currently Looking Into Impact of Sakhalin-2 Decree
01-Jul-2022 08:39:13 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: We Will Continue to Talk With Relevant Ministries and Companies to Decide Next Steps
01-Jul-2022 08:39:50 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: We Understand That the Decree Doesn’t Immediately Stop LNG Imports to Japan
01-Jul-2022 08:40:30 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: We Will Look Into Alternative Sources of LNG Energy and Seek A Steady Supply of Energy
01-Jul-2022 08:41:08 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: There Are Already 2, 3 Weeks Worth Of LNG Stock Right Now
01-Jul-2022 08:42:30 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: Necessary to Take Action for Other Potential Issues We May Face
01-Jul-2022 08:44:20 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: I Have Also Talked to US and Australian Energy Ministers and Asked for Alternative Options in Hopes of Lessening Our Reliance on Russian Energy
01-Jul-2022 08:50:09 - Japan Industry Minister Hagiuda: Don’t Consider This Decree a Seizure of Assets, Believe That It Is Asking Current Stakeholders Whether They Agree to Hand Over All Rights of Sakhalin-2 Project to a New Company

Last edited:
Top Bottom