Weirdest Name You’ve Had On a Shirt?

Soldato
My evening is going splendidly. I spent a lot of time watching old music videos and am currently watching extended highlights of the ‘99 CL Final. Obviously there’s a decent amount of wine involved.

What it has made me wonder is back to old shirts I had. I remember having the black swag shirt with Blomqvist on the back.
I have no idea why I’d have gone for that as a 13yr old given the other legends available!

Made me wonder about other shirts people had with less than typical names. What’ve you had? Lot if Liverpool fans around. Anyone have a Babb shirt?

Don
I have a huge collection of old kits of mine + pinched some of my brothers old ones. I've got loads of Gerrard's, a couple of Fowler's, an Agger, Alonso, Kuyt and then a few I'm not so proud of. I've got a Kewell, a Heskey and (this 1 was my younger brothers) a Diouf one.

Soldato
OP
Maybe it’s a Liverpool thing. My mate has all his old shirts as well including an old ‘94 training top that apparently is worth a few hundred if it was an adult size. Sadly we were 8 at the time and there’s less demand for kids tops!

I’ve not got any old shirts and always thrown them away. I do sometimes consider buying iconic shirts. Mainly the ‘94-96 one with Old Trafford in the background. I absolutely loved that shirt, but I see them selling for £80 and the thought goes!

Don
Maybe it’s a Liverpool thing. My mate has all his old shirts as well including an old ‘94 training top that apparently is worth a few hundred if it was an adult size. Sadly we were 8 at the time and there’s less demand for kids tops!

I’ve not got any old shirts and always thrown them away. I do sometimes consider buying iconic shirts. Mainly the ‘94-96 one with Old Trafford in the background. I absolutely loved that shirt, but I see them selling for £80 and the thought goes!
I wasn't consciously collecting them until around 10 years ago when I saw an old shirt on ebay for silly money. Then I started scrambling around searching for all my old ones - thankfully I don't think I ever threw any out so I've got most kits since the mid to late 90s.

Soldato
I have a huge collection of old kits of mine + pinched some of my brothers old ones. I've got loads of Gerrard's, a couple of Fowler's, an Agger, Alonso, Kuyt and then a few I'm not so proud of. I've got a Kewell, a Heskey and (this 1 was my younger brothers) a Diouf one.

Is that not maybe the point as the op said the more unusual / weirdest names on a shirt, not just the obvious ones :p

Don
Is that not maybe the point as the op said the more unusual / weirdest names on a shirt, not just the obvious ones :p
Yes, I know. I was just mentioning the loads of obvious ones I had before I shamed myself with the others.

Associate
Not football related but years ago, shortly after separating from my missus I had a T shirt personalised with the message
" Very rich, very old man seeks true love. (Willing to settle for meaningless sex)".
I only wore it once when going out to my local boozer. Didn't work.
P'raps I should have given it a few more goes. :)

Soldato
I think all my old United shirts have been lost to the dump. No idea what happened to them.

I had one with Butt on it though. No idea how/why that was the case. Probably cheaper with less letters lol.

Soldato
There was a bloke sat in front of me at Cardiff away a few years ago with "Brexit '16" on his shirt :rolleyes:

Soldato
Not weird, just amusing. Had 'Ritchie' on the back of one shirt but the 'R' disintegrated or fell off, so being a sufferer of terminal eczema I decided to leave it.

Top Bottom