What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Re watched 3 films all with a similar theme over the past few days.

The Martian
Interstellar
Gravity

As you can guess they are all set in "space or on another planet"

Have to say even after 7-8 years The Martian and Interstellar are still 2 of the my favourite films with both still able to shed a tear or two. My only wish is there were more like them, specially The Martian, I hope to god that there is eventually an Interstellar 2. I also look forward to seeing what Tom Cruise can muster up with the NASA/SpaceX job.

Soldato
The Kindred

80's horor, cheesey, schlocky film. Hybrid monster baby thing starts to wipe out a team of scientists. Think I rented this from the local video shop an age ago.

Soldato
Elvis - 7/10

Enjoyable biopic told from the point of view between Colonel Parker the agent (played by Tom Hanks) and EP.

It was a bit sugar coated and liberal with artistic licence but it was well done overall and at 2hr 40m it felt long but didn't drag.

Soldato
Dr Strange and multiverse shenanigans - first marvel movie i've really enjoyed since Endgame - I like Raimi's style and enjoyed that it hit the ground running.

I very much like Olsen as the Scarlett Witch too - where's the heart eyes smiley :D

Associate
Spiderhead 4/10

There is a good idea somewhere under the layers of stupidity, but mostly it is a poorly written mess. Chris Hemsworth shows his lack of versatility as an actor; some actors should stick to playing versions of themselves and Chris is one of those.

Soldato
Nitram

Unsettling and interesting, thought it was really good. Worth a look. 8/10

Caporegime
What is a woman?

Documentary by Matt Walsh, very intresting and though provoking. Obviously edited at points to make things seem worse than they are, but it's hilarious at times due to it.

Fairly obvious what it's about, and why it's important.

8/10

Associate
Watched The Book of Eli last night after having it on my watchlist on Prime for year. Overall enjoyed it and you've got to love Denzel Washington in an post apocalyptic wasteland.

Associate
First film was pretty good but suffers from something I hate in horror...

It becomes apparent early one there will be no escape, once this happens it's hard to stay invested and have any investment in the characters, it's essentially just waiting for them to all be killed off. Horror for me always needs an element of hope, regardless how hopeless a situation may seem, Grave Encounters removes this too early.

Such a fun action packed movie - really liked this.
You find out in the second film that Lance Preston survives and has been living in the hospital for ten years. Worth the watch if you haven't seen it already.

Caporegime
Dual

Held my interest, worth a watch.
Had potential, but kinda fell flat for me. The best bits were the scenes with Aaron Paul.

Soldato
Crossroads (1986)

Young blues guitarist Ralph Macchio seeks out an old former blues legend who sold his soul for talent and fame at the crossroad and they end up on a hobo road trip to Mississippi, meeting Jamie Gertz on the way.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Top marks to all involved.

Soldato
Crossroads (1986)

Young blues guitarist Ralph Macchio seeks out an old former blues legend who sold his soul for talent and fame at the crossroad and they end up on a hobo road trip to Mississippi, meeting Jamie Gertz on the way.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Top marks to all involved.
Absolutely love this film. Steve Vai's guitar work in the final duel is breathtaking.

Soldato
High Life - 4/10

Good performances but I wish I'd watched something more enjoyable whilst my girlfriend was out and I had free choice! I think this was a run-of-the-mill 'stuck-in-space' story with fancy artistic icing (long cuts, music) on the cake.

1 of those points were for Juliette Binoche enjoying herself greatly in one scene :o

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Where Eagles Dare.

I have not seen this film in years, 2 and a half hours just flew by, great story, action and acting. 9/10.

Kelly's Heroes.

Same again the time just past so quickly, somehow manages to blend a heist film with a war movie perfectly. great characters with some good set pieces. 9/10.

Top Bottom