• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will this be ok for a 5800x?

Caporegime
What cooler? Generally if the TDP rating of the cooler matches or exceeds the TDP rating of the CPU, it should be okay.

The higher the TDP rating of the cooler vs the TDP rating of the processor, the better it should perform.

Caporegime
Should be more than enough. Alternatives to that would be Arctic Freezer II AIO series, available in 240/280/360/420MM AIO variants.

Soldato
Hi guys.

Just ran prime 95 and my clocks are only hitting 4.2 full load. any ideas?

Thanks.
Don't run Prime95! :)

But seriously don't use Prime95, use Realbench if you need to put realistic heat/stress into your system as it also stresses the gpu at the same time.

5800x is one of the hottest CPU's out at the moment and runs hotter than the 5900x and 5950x. Even with one of the best coolers like the Arctic Freezer II 280 expect it to run at ~80c+ at full load at such clocks.

Caporegime
just do what you normally do and check temps. no point in running stuff you will never do. never understand why people do 100 percent maxxed out tests in real world scenario literally no one will do it.

Soldato
just do what you normally do and check temps. no point in running stuff you will never do. never understand why people do 100 percent maxxed out tests in real world scenario literally no one will do it.
i do lot of overnight video encoding so need to fully test cpu to its limits. with ryzen its easy though, iv just set the temp limit in bios to 85c so during encodes it wont go beyond the set point (may go to 86c briefly) and will throttle clocks to stay at temp target. official temp throttle limit for the 5600x is 95c but im not comfortable with that so have it set lower.

Soldato
Yea that's good.

My 5800x with PBO +200 hits 5ghz on all cores 76c using the same cooler all be it the 360mm rad version.

Soldato
Yea, all I did on mine was leave everything stock and just set PBO +200.

Very mild and basic overclock, mine has been completely stable no issues for over a year, and the cores all boost up to 5ghz on that.

Associate
Do I have to use nzxt cam software to control the pump or can i set it in bios and leave it? I've got my fans connected to the motherboard and controlled in bios

Associate
I use the Z63 on the 5800x, works great. At stock I wasn't happy with the 5800x temps/fan speeds (must be one of if not the hottest CPU out there) so now I run it at 1.2v 4.6ghz and it hits 63c under full load with 50% pump speed and low fan speeds. 1.275v 4.8ghz also worked fine but I like 1.2v, very very cool. I use CAM software because its needed for the LED on the Z63.

Top Bottom